Graduation, often called commencement, is a very special time at BRTC and we want to help you reach your special day! Below are the requirements for graduation at BRTC.
To graduate from BRTC, all students must adhere to the following:
- Have a 2.00 overall GPA in course work applicable toward a degree or certificate pursued;
- For honors, all courses applicable to the degree or certificate that the student is currently pursuing will be utilized;
- Must satisfy all developmental requirements applicable to degree or certificate before being allowed to graduate. No student will be exempt for any developmental requirement imposed by the institution or by state law;
- Submit an Intent to Graduate, located on myBRTC, no later than the Monday following mid-term grades are posted;
- Contact the Finance office to make sure no financial holds on the student’s permanent records;
- Complete 18 hours of coursework at BRTC to fulfill requirements.
The graduation letter and Intent to Graduate form as well as other information for graduating students are located in myBRTC.
Information for the Public
Spring/Summer 2020 Commencement, Mascot Reveal, and Fireworks
We are delighted you are considering attending the celebration of our students and our college!
Check back often as we continue to update this page.
The event will take place at the Randolph County Development Center (RCDC)
1410 Hwy 304 East
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Parking for the reveal and graduation will begin at 7:00 p.m.
- Enter RCDC area from Hwy 304 East
- Follow directions from the parking marshalls
For your and others’ safety, we ask that friends, family, and the public please remain in their vehicles during the activities. BRTC employees will offer refreshments to all members of the vehicles either upon arrival or once parked.
Graduate Information for Spring/Summer 2020 Commencement
COVID-19 has made commencement very different this year, but we are doing what we can to make it special for you!
Three things will be very different this year:
- Students will attend their commencement ceremony in the Randolph County Development Center auditorium which parents, friends, and family will watch and listen on a drive-in movie theater screen outside in the safety of their cars.
- BRTC will be revealing the mascot immediately before graduation so Spring and Summer 2020 graduates are the first to meet the mascot! Hang around for a tremendous fireworks display after graduation!
- We even have some special giveaways for you if you attend!
Even though COVID-19 has interrupted the world and how we all do things, BRTC really wants your graduation to be extra special this year. We hope you will be able to attend!
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Randolph County Development Center (RCDC)
1410 Hwy 304 East
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Please complete it before August 3.
- August 3 -10
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- August 11
8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Please note the following about your attire:
- Graduation caps should be worn at all times during the ceremony.
- The tassel should hang over the right quadrant of your cap.
- If you have purchased Phi Theta Kappa regalia, please wear the gold tassel on the cap and your PTK honor cord, which can be picked up on the night of graduation.
- A card with your name and degree or certificate will be given to you when you line up.
- Upon entering the stage to receive the diploma, please hand the name card to the announcer at the podium.
- Some of you may be required to carry an additional card to announce your group.
- If your number is Yellow, you may need an additional card.
- Lines will form beginning at 7:20 p.m. in the banquet room.
- The line-of-march will be in alphabetical order by department.
- There will be a number on your name card to guide you in lining up.
- Commencement marshals will lead you to the reserved seating area.
- You should remain standing until instructed to sit.
- Degrees are conferred by Dr. Martin Eggensperger, President.
- You will proceed to the platform to receive your diploma cover from the President, continue across the platform, and return to your seat.
- Diplomas will be mailed to graduates following the commencement ceremony.
- May graduates should have already received their mailed diplomas.
- Diplomas will be mailed to the address you indicated on your intent to graduate form upon confirmation of the completion of your degree.
- If your address has changed since you remitted your intent form, please call 870-248-4000 ext. 4013
Graduates may park in the lot in front of the RCDC building adjacent to Hwy 304. We will have marshals helping with parking that night, so please follow their directions.
Family and guests
- Family and guests may park in the field directly behind the LETA building on the Pocahontas campus.
- They can access this parking lot by turning onto College Drive from Hwy 304.
- They will need to follow the parking marshals’ directions to the grass field on the right side of the road, behind the fire tower.
- A large drive-in movie theater will be set up for your guests and family to view the ceremony.
- If you would like for your family and guest to be present for the mascot reveal and parade, please have them on campus in the parking area by 7:30 p.m.
- Graduation will happen immediately after the parade and be shown on the movie theater screen.
- We ask that your guests and family stay in their vehicles to provide adequate social distancing during all events that night.
MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED.