Tips for Preparing Your Child a Healthy Lunch
- Get your kids involved! Let them help you with the grocery shopping. Asking for their help promotes responsibility and teaches them healthy shopping habits.
- Make sure the packages are easy to open. Lunchtime at school is limited to 20 to 30 minutes, so be sure your child can open packages independently.
- Make food fun! Use cookie cutters to cut bread, fruits, and vegetables into fun shapes.
- Limit processed snacks. Processed snacks are often high in sodium and sugar but low in vitamins and minerals that growing kids need.
- Choose flavored water instead of soda. Let kids pick their own water bottle, and add fruit for flavoring. Avoid packing drinks that offer no nutritional value like soda.
Visit https://blackrivertech.org/academics/allied-health/dietetics for information about BRTC’s Nutrition and Dietetics Program.
Applying to BRTC
Our admissions team has several students who come to them and say, “I don’t even know where to start!”. If you take the leap, we will help you every step of the way. The application process is not scary at BRTC! Click to get the Black Hawk experience: https://blackrivertech.org/
Important info for all students enrolling in the upcoming semester! Is your FAFSA complete? Click the link to go straight to our Financial Aid webpage! Visit: