Black River Technical College encourages students to communicate with College administration, faculty, and staff regarding College operations and procedures and encourages students to use existing policies, personnel, and departmental offices to express specific concerns.
Wherever possible, complaints at Black River Technical College are handled in an informal manner. Administrators, faculty, and staff maintain an “open-door” policy to discuss issues of concern for all students. Faculty and staff serve as a resource for individuals seeking assistance in resolving matters within the College community.
- Students are encouraged to first attempt to resolve complaints with the faculty or staff person.
- If unresolved, students should next speak to the departmental chairperson or supervisor of the faculty or staff member in an effort to resolve the matter.
- Should a student deem that the existing policies, personnel, and departmental offices cannot address his/her specific concern or complaint, Black River Technical College, in accordance with federal regulations, accepts and maintains records of formal written grievance filed with the Human Resources department.
- Students are encouraged to submit formal complaints via the online “Report An Incident” form submission page located at the bottom of this page.
Types of Complaints
Student complaints fall into one of two categories:
- informal expressions of dissatisfaction, and
- written complaints which include any concern, issue, or suggestion not covered by the policies as outlined in the catalog or by state and federal law. Written complaints should be submitted via the online “Report an Incident” form located at the bottom of this page.
Instructor and Staff Complaints
Students wishing to file a complaint on a faculty or staff member should fill out the online submission form under “Report An Incident” at the bottom of this page.
Out-of-state students may file a complaint by calling the toll free number 1-866-753-0002 or can appeal to the Arkansas Division of Higher Education by completing this form: https://www.adhe.edu/students-parents/colleges-universites/student-grievance-form/.
BRTC REPORT AN INCIDENT FORMS
To File an academic misconduct complaint, please fill out the following submission form:
To File a non-academic misconduct complaint, please fill out the following submission form:
To File a complaint regarding a violation of the BRTC Title IX policy on sexual-based discrimination or harassment, please fill out the following submission form:
To File a complaint regarding a BRTC Employee, please fill out the following submission form: