Goal 1: Manage enrollment responsibly and ensure student success
- Objective 1.1: Increase total fall headcount to 2150 by Fall 2020
- Objective 1.2: Increase fall non-traditional headcount to 812 by Fall 2020
- Objective 1.3: Increase the number of students who are career ready
- Objective 1.4: Increase full-time retention rate to 60%
- Objective 1.5: Increase the completion rate by an average of 0.25% per year
Goal 2: Clarify the identity of the college through heightened brand awareness, focused educational programs, and effective communication
- Objective 2.1: Increase awareness of the college and its brand throughout the region
- Objective 2.2: Evaluate the marketability and cost-effectiveness of educational programs
- Objective 2.3: Increase the effectiveness of internal communications
Goal 3: Exercise regional leadership through strategic partnerships and educational opportunities
- Objective 3.1: Increase partnerships with business and industry
- Objective 3.2: Increase student internship opportunities through business and industry partnerships
- Objective 3.3: Strategically increase BRTC involvement in community organizations
- Objective 3.4: Increase fundraising by identifying and connecting with community supporters and donors
Goal 4: Create a culture of evidence to facilitate continuous improvement
- Objective 4.1: Evaluate and enhance data collection for accountability and continuous improvement
- Objective 4.2: Make data easier to access and use for college decision makers
- Objective 4.3: Preserve institutional memory by developing and implementing consistent and standardized documentation processes
Goal 1: To foster an atmosphere wherein learning, working, and serving are recognized as exemplary by internal and external stakeholders.
- Objective 1.1 Achieve sustainability and effective stewardship of resources to strengthen the college’s financial position and infrastructure.
- Objective 1.2 Encourage a culture of community through mutual communication, transparency, and growth.
- Objective 1.3 Continue to build a culture of evidence for quality assurance.
- Objective 1.4 Advance a culture of continuous improvement.
Goal 2: To prepare students for further education while serving as a signature institution for general and technical education in the region and state, including unique credit and non-credit programs designed to meet university or employment needs with a focus on high-demand and future-oriented programs.
- Objective 2.1 Expand online and on-campus course, certificate, and/or degree offerings across various disciplines.
- Objective 2.2 Refine the relevance and quality general and technical education to prepare students to pursue lifelong learning.
- Objective 2.3 Achieve 100% job placement for graduates.
- Objective 2.4 Maintain and increase viability of current programs for industry and educational needs.
Goal 3: To achieve slow, sustained enrollment growth and increased retention over the next five years.
- Objective 3.1 Create and implement professional development for all advisors.
- Objective 3.2 Maximize capacity of all locations in the Career and Technical Center.
- Objective 3.3 Provide a robust lineup of student activities without increasing the cost to students.
- Objective 3.4 Increase alignment with school districts to encourage early interest.
- Objective 3.5 Increase awareness of student support services.
Goal 4: To geographically expand marketing presence, strategic partnerships, and fundraising in support of the College’s communities, programs, and projects.
- Objective 4.1 Market BRTC within our region of the United States.
- Objective 4.2 Work with service area communities to increase space for events, activities, and educational programs.
- Objective 4.3 Build relationships and identify additional resources to support BRTC students, programs, and projects.