Henry Culver was a pastor from McDougal, Arkansas, who was a music lover. He tuned pianos, taught singing schools in surrounding churches, taught the lost art of shape notes rather than notes centered around lines and spaces, and lead music at singing conventions all around the McDougal area. Mr. Culver was the grandfather of former BRTC choir director Joniece Trammel. The Henry Culver Music Scholarship is devoted his honor.
Students enrolled in a fine arts class during the fall or spring semester is eligible. Fine arts instructors will select a student near the end of the semester who will be awarded the scholarship for the following semester at BRTC.
- Tuition and fees for 1-credit hour
- Awarded each Fall & Spring semester
- Applicant must be enrolled in a fine arts class
- Must reapply for each term.
- Complete scholarship application