When you come to the Tutoring Center,
- bring your writing and the assignment guidelines with you.
- be able to identify your general topic and purpose.
- plan ahead: consider scheduling an appointment at least two days before your assignment is due.
TC tutors will:
- listen to your topic ideas and ask questions to help you develop your focus.
- review your paper to ensure it follows the assignment, and explain why, if it does not.
- point out confusing or unclear parts of your essay.
- help you identify grammar mistakes in your writing and explain how to correct them.
TC tutors will NOT:
- edit your entire essay for you.
- comment on your opinions, correctness, or incorrectness.
Other Writing Lab Services
- Several writing handouts are available that you may take for quick reference
- Grammar guides and handbooks that you may use while working in the lab
- A computer lab that you may use to research and/or type your paper