Online Tutoring: Anywhere, Anytime
***Reading***Computers and Technology
***Nursing & Allied Health***Career Preparation
With Smarthinking, students can
- Work with a Tutor or Career Coach online, using a whiteboard.
- Submit a Question and receive a reply within 24 hours.
- Submit My Writing or Career Documents and receive reviews within 24 hours.
- Schedule a Future Session with a tutor.
- Review My Sessions and Submissions in the archive.
- Student-Centered Learning. Smarthinking’s online tutoring engages students and provides positive reinforcement. Tutors guide students, pose probing questions, and use parallel examples to promote active learning.
- Technology that Brings Concepts Alive. Smarthinking’s proprietary tutoring software enables highly interactive tutoring sessions. Using an online whiteboard for live, real-time collaboration, tutors and students have access to a palette of tools to share text, draw diagrams, import documents, and share screens. Audio and video are also available.
- Increased Faculty Support. When Smarthinking provides support, faculty can spend valuable class time focusing on problem areas and new topics.
- Smarthinking is Rated Highly. Surveys of thousands of students consistently show that online tutoring services improve course completion and help student performance.
Details about Smarthinking:
- 5-minute overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivFzPvNqIIM&list=PL03DnMag3mCbxX9Q9J6C62XUPHGIOeYxw&index=8&t=0s
- Smarthinking homepage: http://smarthinking.com
- Technical Requirements
Computers: Windows (10/8.x/7.x/Vista/XP), Apple Macintosh (macOS version 10.4x or higher), Linux, and Google
Chrome OS (Chromebooks). At least 1GB memory and a Pentium Dual Core or faster processor (or equivalent).
Browsers: Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Microsoft Edge, Firefox 12.0 or higher, Google Chrome, and Safari 5.0 or
Smartphones and tablets: Download an optional free Smarthinking mobile app for Apple devices (iPhone®/iPad®) and Android devices. Or use Smarthinking through your device’s web browser (for example, Safari or Google Chrome).
Internet connections: At least 256 kbps (Most cable and phone company connections will work as well as most satellite connections and internet-connected home wireless networks).
Technical help: http://smarthinking.echelp.org/ or 1-866-321-1004
Smarthinking (Online Tutoring)
To log onto Smarthinking:
- Log onto Moodle
- Click Student Lounge
- Click Smarthinking Online Tutoring.
We offer free online tutoring to all students!