The safety of our employees and community members is of primary concern as we continue to fulfill our mission to the best of our abilities. Many faculty members have already transitioned to an online method of class delivery until on-campus instruction can safely resume. The college is moving forward with additional steps to protect our campus and community:
- Campus events have been canceled until further notice.
- All operations and activities – other than essential operations – have been shifted to online or other remote means to the maximum extent possible.
- Limited college operations that need to occur on-campus will continue. In these spaces and everywhere, personnel will adhere to social distancing and other preventive measures at all times. Our maintenance team and custodial contractors will continue to keep surfaces clean and disinfected.
- Essential work will follow the CDC principles of social distancing and personal health.
- Beginning noon, March 19, employees will work remotely or from home unless directed otherwise by their supervisor until further notice.
- All full-time employees will continue to be paid.
- We will keep the community updated via social media; however, the best source for the latest news and information is http://blackrivertech.org/health.
We ask that you limit travel and remain watchful for any signs of illness. In the absence of symptoms, continue to take preventive measures. Be careful, patient, and mindful of others who could be dealing with the hardships this virus brings.
Thank you for your compassion and understanding.
Martin Eggensperger, PhD
Black River Technical College, President