You can give to Black River Technical College with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to accept credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our donors.
The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions,
- Industry-leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information, and
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
The BRTC Foundation supports Black River Technical College. The Foundation understands the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information, especially in today’s increasingly electronic environment. We respect and protect the privacy of our donors and adhere to the following guidelines.
- Information about donors and donations is handled with respect and confidentiality.
- We do not exchange, lend, rent or sell our donor lists to third party organizations.
- The personal information you provide when making an online donation or registering for an event will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third parties.
- When you make a donation online, a secure connection is established and your information is encrypted. The secure connection is maintained until the transaction is completed or terminated.
- Employees of BRTC and the BRTC Foundation are not permitted to use this information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for the benefit of BRTC or the BRTC Foundation.
- If you provide us with your postal address or email address, you may receive periodic mailings about BRTC, its programs, the Foundation, or about upcoming events. If you prefer to not receive these mailings, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (870) 248-4185.
- If you have supplied your telephone number online, you may receive telephone contact from us regarding your donation or responding to requests you may have made.
The BRTC Foundation pursues the highest ethical and professional standards in its fundraising endeavors. We believe integrity is the key to maximizing financial support to BRTC and, thereby, supporting its mission. We subscribe to the following values in our fundraising activities.
Value Statement 1
We have a responsibility to our donors. We understand a long-term relationship with an individual leading to a gift is far more important than a short-term gift. The donor’s best interests guide our dialogue with him or her, and we give every consideration to meeting each donor’s needs in the areas of taxes, ability to give, cash flow and estate planning. Our relationship facilitates our being able to increase the donor’s awareness of, interest in, knowledge of and commitment to BRTC’s priority needs.
We disclose fully the intended uses of a gift and make every effort to keep the donor apprised of the status of his or her gift or pledge. We keep all promises to donors both in letter and in spirit. We regard all gifts as confidential transactions. We respect our donors’ privacy and honor all requests for anonymity. We always seek a donor’s permission prior to announcing or publicizing a gift. We promptly and accurately record and acknowledge all gifts.
Value Statement 2
We have a responsibility to BRTC. All gifts should be useful in achieving those goals and should bring honor and respect to the institution. We are willing to assume responsibility in assuring that all fundraising will be conducted with consideration to the best interests of BRTC, that we exercise fiscal responsibility in our fundraising efforts and that we avoid any situation that may be perceived as a conflict of interest.
Value Statement 3
The BRTC Foundation strives to uphold the bylaws of the BRTC Foundation in accordance with any and all fundraising activities. The BRTC Foundation focuses on donor relationships and fundraising, both necessary components to any successful foundation fundraising operation.
Value Statement 4
We have a responsibility to one another. We are guided by a commitment to teamwork, quality and initiative in our efforts. We strive to maintain effective communication among all BRTC Foundation board members as well as with donors and volunteers. We strive for the highest quality in our work, recognizing that our communications, records and interactions reflect on BRTC. We also strive to maintain a forward-thinking development program that anticipates needs rather than reacts to circumstances.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organizations, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
Developed by American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC); Association of Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP); Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
Philanthropic promotions and solicitations of the BRTC Foundation will adhere to a strict code of professional conduct. All philanthropic promotions and solicitations will follow the guidelines promoted by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). The two organizations have developed the codes to guide and reinforce our professional conduct in all areas of institutional advancement.
All records associated with such activities relating to personal or financial information about a donor, alumnus, donor prospect, volunteer, or employee, in the possession of any BRTC Foundation board member, staff member, faculty, or volunteer are records of BRTC and are confidential.